SIYSS - Stockholm International Youth Science Seminar
This is SIYSS
Stockholm International Youth Science Seminar is an annual event in which 25 of the world’s foremost young scientists are invited to Stockholm to take part in a unique science and culture program during December’s Nobel Week. All participants are between the ages of 18-25 and have been selected at international science fairs and by top ranking universities on the basis of their extraordinary research efforts.
The participating young scientists take part in an eventful schedule that includes attending Nobel events, meeting Nobel Prize Laureates and visiting noteworthy Swedish science and tech companies as well as locations of cultural importance.
During the week, participants are also the focus of a seminar where they present their research to a large audience of Swedish high school and university students. Attending the seminar is free of charge and students get to meet some of the world’s most talented young scientists, take part in a guided tour displaying amazing scientific projects, and attend an interesting and inspiring guest lecture.
If you have any questions regarding the seminar, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Important information regarding coronavirus COVID-19
The safety of participants, visitors, staff and other contributors to our activities and events is our highest priority. The Swedish Federation of Young Scientists staff is in contact with the The Public Health Agency of Sweden and The Government Offices of Sweden s regarding the coronavirus Covid-19 and follows their recommendations, which will apply to SIYSS 2020.
In the current situation we are continuing to work to ensure that SIYSS can take place as planned. The invitations for SIYSS 2020 depend on the development for the coronavirus Covid-19. We follow the development on a daily basis, and new decisions and guidelines can be implemented within days and throughout the year. Updates can be found on this website. We will contact each affiliated organization and partner with information concerning your organization.
For now, we encourage all to reduce the spreading of Coronavirus Covid-19 by following the authorities guidelines:
- Avoid touching your face or eyes and avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, before eating or handling food and after using the toilet. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- By coughing and sneezing into the crook of your elbow or a tissue, you can prevent the spread of infection in your environment and avoid contaminating your hands.
- Stay at home if you are ill to avoid infecting people at work, on public transport or where you are in close contact with others.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden urges people with symptoms, (even mild ones), to avoid social contact to ensure not spreading the infection to others. This is applied both at work as well as privately. Stay at home as long as you feel sick. Wait at least two whole days after you are free of any symptoms before you return to work or school.
- If you are working within elderly care it is of extra importance that you are not going to work if you have any symptoms of respiratory infection. As next of kin you should avoid unnecessary visits to hospitals or retirement homes, and never visit if you have a respiratory infection.
We want to encourage everyone to help reducing the spread of coronavirus Covid-19 by following the advices of governments and health authorities.
- You should primarily search for information on this website where you will find official and verified information from the authorities handling the outbreak of the coronavirus. You will also find answers to the most frequently asked questions on the website of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
- If you have general questions and you can’t find your answer online, you can call the national information number 113 13.
- If you need medical assistance you should contact 1177, Vårdguiden. Read more about how and when you should contact healthcare services at 1177 Healthcare Guide.
If you have any questions about participating or visiting SIYSS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners and sponsors
Stiftelsen Oscar och Maria Ekmans Donationsfond
Sven och Dagmar Saléns stiftelse
Prins Carl Gustafs Stiftelse