Treat your students to world class international research
During the Nobel festivities, young, award-winning scientists are coming to Stockholm to exhibit their science projects to high school students. This event aims to inspire students as well as provide training in scientific literacy. This year we are proud to announce that we are back on-site with live-presentations and possibility to meet the scientists in person.
Back on stage
The seminar is now back for you to visit and view presenations, posters and meet the brilliant scientists live. SIYSS offers an interesting addition to the regular curriculum, particularly in science and English classes. On December 6th, young world-class researchers showcase their scientific projects at Filmstaden Sergel at Hötorget, Stockholm. They will present their research live on stage and display their projects, providing students with opportunities to discuss and talk to the young researchers about their projects.
Minds of the Future
During the day, the roundtable discussion ”Minds of the Future” will also take place, where young researchers will discuss current issues and problems that are important to young people today. Last year, ”Minds of the Future” was visited by the Nobel laureate in chemistry, David MacMillan.
Take part of Stockholm International Youth Science Seminar 2023
Visit the seminar or participate remotely through our livestream! Teaching materials will be sent to teachers in both cases. Please note that ”Minds of the Future” can only be viewed live on site or after the release (Minds of th Future will be recorded with audiance and published afterward). The seminar is free of charge!
When: December 6 2023
Where: Filmstaden Sergel, Hötorget 3, Stockholm
9.00-11.30: Presentations and poster exhibition
12.00-13.00: Minds of the Future (digital release tbd)
13.30.00-16.00: Presentations and poster exhibition
- pre-recorded scientific presentations (9th of December)
- possibility for students to ask questions to the scientists
- pre-recorded round table talk (February 2023)
- Supplementary teaching materials for scientific literacy training
In the meantime:
- Check out SIYSS and Unga Forskares school material
- Check out last years participants
- For more information about The Swedish Federation of Young Scientists school activities and material you can sign up for the teacher newsletter (comes out a couple of times per semester).
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
School contact: email@example.com